[Archers] Congratulations!

jaynardone at comcast.net jaynardone at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 16:23:38 PDT 2010

I would ask that please in the future all refrain from using names when in these discussions, most items can be discussed without names. Sigfried I have replied to you and we do have first hand knowledge as we said because we were the ones that raised the issue in the first place. No one was finger pointing to the autocrat and in past emails where I discussed this months ago it had always been tied to the MIC. The incident last year where I almost shot that person was also in the end the MIC's responsibility. Our point which is getting twisted into personal attacks for some reason is that on most of these occasions the autocrat is either shoe horning archery into places it shouldnt be or has very little to no knowledge of what our safety rules require. Again really falls to the MIC to work with them. I see all of these posts that claim "its so simple, its easys, yada yada" yet it is still taking place and not being worked properly. As I said to you in private, I will do everything in my power to assure that no one has the chance of getting hurt because of ANY reason. That should be the push of all marshal's but I assure you it is not, for whatever reasons.

This is an issue that effects the Kingdom and not Baronies only. As Lorelei posted our push is Kingdom wide not directed by Barony wants. No one is saying anything about burdening the autocrats with anything more than a simple instruction of archery and our rules. It seems it is a select few here that are trying to make a mole hill into a mountain and there really is no need. I was hoping the autocrat could help be the first line of defense to be aware when the MICs for whatever reason are not doing what they are supposed too. If you look at the events I have been using as reference, there was no one to watch over the setup until most of us got there to shoot. Things got recognized and corrected, but not always easily or accepted openly. Would be nice to avoid these issues all together by a bit more planning up front. Posture how you may but this is something that needs fixing and can be fixed or at least made better by a bit more training, on the Marshal's side and the autocrat. There should also be consequences for actions that put others in harms way. I dont believe any of us want to run anyone off, after all we are all here for fun and all volunteers but I have yet to see anything happen when a MIC obviously is showing signs of problems.

All good discussion....

Janyn