[Archers] Congratulations!

Gordon Kinnie am_piobaire at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 14:18:24 PDT 2010

My two cents worth for what it is worth.....

An autocrat wants to have a great event and include everyone and all
activities.

Take a moment and think about being an autocrat, find a space to have the
event, find marshals, arrange feast and possibly lunch, have someone make
site tokens and set up the site, arrange troll, bathrooms and stuff that I
can not even think about, just so the event takes place.

With all this on the autocrat, I think, in my humble opinion, it is not too
much for the marshals to look over the site and help decide what events can
be run and who gets what space.

Every activity needs space, some more than others.  The autocrat should let
the marshals look at the location and see what can be run.  Rapier with
Combat Archery (CA) needs a minimum of 30 yards on any side that will have
spectators.  Heavy with CA is the same, add siege and they need more.
We need to make sure the autocrat knows how much.

I do not feel a check list for the autocrat, will help.  More training never
hurts anyone, but who has the time.

As marshals, who want to promote our activity, we need to take the
responsibility to let the autocrat understand the needs for our activity.

 In service to Atlantia,
 Godai Katsunaga