[Archers] I'd like to point out.....

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Thu Sep 16 06:53:38 PDT 2010

> Closing the range would undoubtedly cause a lot of hard feelings, a
> blizzard of emails, probably not be taken seriously by the powers that
> be (outside of the archery community), and possibly cause archery to be
> excluded at that event in the future, but it is the only possible course
> of action.

Lord Mungo, I disagree.   I feel that if/when a range needs closed by
the MiC-Archery, because the autocrat/event-staff/MiC-Event/etc were
unable to provide suitable space...

Would actually send a strong message to the 'powers that be'.  For in
doing said closing, the reason for it should be well shared with all the
dissapointed archers.  And we archers are not known for 'keeping our
tongue' well.

Therefore, numerous complaints would most likely be filed, to autocrat,
to seneschal, to MiC, and perhaps higher as they'd have to be included
in the MiC-Event's report, etc.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if some attendees might not even ask for
event refunds.  If the sole reason they drove 4 hours was to do archery,
to be told the range had to be closed because the autocrat didn't allow
enough room to do it safely.

So, while I hope that this situation never comes to pass.  I think if it
does, the message will be quickly driven home.