[Archers] I'd like to point out.....

Garth G. Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Thu Sep 16 06:36:05 PDT 2010

  Lady Kaytarzyna,

Are you suggesting that at a tournament we marshals, as participating
archers, should refuse to shoot? Absolutely! But even more than that,
the marshal-in-charge MUST refuse to set up and open a range on a space
that does not meet kingdom safety standards. Period. Not to do so would
endanger the MIC's warrant, and in case of an accident, would open the
Kingdom (not to mention the MIC) up to all sorts of Society sanctions
and possible legal troubles.

Closing the range would undoubtedly cause a lot of hard feelings, a
blizzard of emails, probably not be taken seriously by the powers that
be (outside of the archery community), and possibly cause archery to be
excluded at that event in the future, but it is the only possible course
of action.

Kind regards,

Lord Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir Target Archery Marshal