[Archers] Archer at War of the Wings...wow...wow

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Wed Oct 13 07:34:03 PDT 2010

Greetings to the list from the MiC for Target archery this War of the Wings V.

I hope you all enjoyed the new range location and did not mind the few remaining cow patties my Lord husband might have missed from scooping off the field.  Tell me it made for a more authentic experience!

We had an amazing turn out of 150+ archers on the range with 68 people shooting for War Points.  Some 20-25 youth visited the range at various times and a host of new archers as well.

The night shoot saw 18 people competing for the prize and about as many people participated in the Friday atlatl battle and the atlatl prize shoot.  My sincere apologies for not having the time to fit in the archery prize shoot on Saturday.  The range was that busy.

I thank the atlatl flingers for being patient on Saturday while we finished up with war points and the Kingdom Archery Champion Shoot in which 19 people competed and the honor was awarded to Lord Allen of Wolfhou.

Big thanks to Bubba of Wolfhou for stepping in and running the atlatl prize shoot for me Saturday evening, (As I was about to fall out, many of you already know I was recovering from pneumonia.)

Thank you to the kids and parents who came for the youth archery class and prize shoot.  If anyone can tell me the name of the young man who won the youth prize shoot, I would be grateful. I can not find where I wrote down his name!  Keep those kids shooting, we've got some great Atlantian archers in the making!

Many thanks to those of you who helped with bow inspections and ran the line on Friday and Saturday. I know I'm missing some but here are those I remember helping off hand: Deputy MiCs Lord Edward de Witt and Lady Katarzyna Witkowska.  Assisting Marshals: Baron Colum Maxwell, THL Christophe of Grey, Lord Ivar Thorgislsson, Lady Eleanor du Chester, Lord Bubba of Wolfhou, Lord Allen of Wolfhou, Lord Muirghein O'Faolain, Baroness Martelle von Charlottenburg, Lord Eirik Gralokkr, Captain Jean Bart.

Many thanks to Baron Colum Maxwell for teaching the Intermediate Archery class and to Lady Katarzyna for doing the Adult beginning archery class and to Lord Eirik Gralokkr for teaching the "how to make arrows from what's on hand" class and to Lord Christophe of Grey for teaching the beginning atlatl class.

Thank you to those experienced archers who took the time to guide new archers in how to shoot and be safe.

Many thanks to Lord Ivarr  Thorgislsson for helping to finish range set up Friday morning and to Captain Jean Bart for breaking the range down and Lady Eleanor of Grey for helping paint target faces.

I know I'm probably forgetting stuff, apologies if I've missed people. It was a blast though and I look forward to next year.  Please send feedback to me at LoreleiElkins at aol.com if you have some ideas on how things might have been done better.

And as always, a heartfelt thanks to my husband Lord Tim Arrowfinder for his never ending help, patience and understand with target material strewn all over the house, half painted targets on the kitchen table for weeks, finding duct tape in strange places, help in designing the shoots, loading and unloading again and again, set up, clean up, not being able to fit a car in our two car garage because of all the archery stuff and his continued support for all the crazy things I do.  I love you Tim.

In Service to the Crown, the Dream and the Archery Community of Atlantia
The Honorable Lady Lorelei Greenleafe
MiC - Target Archery, WoW V