[Archers] Lochmere Arrow at Roxbury Mill's Harvest Festival next Saturday

Tim Warman timothywarman at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 14:16:02 PDT 2010

Archers!!!!

Lord Gregge the Archer and I have cobbled together a competitive shoot for pairs
of archers who wish to take the fabled Lochmere Arrow back to their home barony,
shire, canton, or whatever.  As most archers know, the Lochmere Arrow
competition has been running now for about 15 years.   The competition is held
once a year by the team who holds the trophy arrow.   The competition is open to
pairs of archers from the same SCA region.  The highest pair score takes the
trophy.  Regions may have more than one team (pair) competing.  The more the
merrier.  Bring lots of arrows.  You will need 12 for one of the stations.  The
site is a farm -- you may lose an arrow or two.  So, bring lots of arrows.  The
Lochmere Arrow competition will run between 11 am and 3 pm.  Award ceremony at
about 4 PM SCA time.  Lunch will be prepared by Aelfwin of Whitby.

Gregge and I will welcome all competitors Saturday October 16 during the Roxbury
Mill Harvest Festival.  (look at the Acorn or on-line for directions and event
information)  Oh, and by the way, the Harvest Festival will be almost totally
focused on archery.  We will have an archery competition for the general
population with lots of cool target stations.  We will also have an archery
target competition featuring cool targets that participants make and bring to
the event.  Target builders, please come prepared to set up your target creation
and to see lots of holes punched in it.  Best target will be awarded a prize.

Hope to see you next Saturday.

In Service,

Lord Timothy of Shaftesbury or Roshu who has agreed to stand in for me.