[Archers] Atlantian archery winter challenge . . . .

fenrisulven at comcast.net fenrisulven at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 19:36:37 PST 2010

We considered that - a kind of Anaconda scoring.  The thought was that, if you had a bad 1st end, you could then shoot the other 3 ends with the goal of racking up the most negative points.  But then someone pointed out that if you got negatives while going for positives in the first place, you'd likely get positives when trying for negatives!  So its unlikely someone would match the high score that route (and now my head is starting to hurt)

Also, the scoring is not exactly in equilibrium because there is a -1 penalty for each non-scoring arrow (hitting just paper or missing entirely).

I am looking forward to posting my own worst scores.  How low can ya go?  :)   I think it will be a side-match between several of us, winner buys the brew.

But in case if anyone might be uncomfortable with posting negative totals, we can always rule that you don't *have* to turn in scores that are less than 1.

Cheers

Fen