[Archers] When to use the update form on the archery page.

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Wed Nov 24 03:23:18 PST 2010

Greetings Marshals and Archers,

It was a little unclear to me when we should use the update form and when not.  I was having people use it for everything.  Here is Baron Vlad's response.

"Updates through the web site should be required for the following three reasons:
1 – Membership expiration changed
2 – Contact information changed (SCA group [e.g. change from Canton to Barony or vice-versa], address, phone, or e-mail)
3 – Publication permission has changed (i.e. they want one or more, or less, of their Modern Name, Phone, Address, or E-mail listed on the site)

Outside of those three reasons, the only updates should come through either Sir Otto (or whomever follows him as KEM), the D-KEM for Training, the Discipline D-KEMs/regionals, or acknowledged [published] trainers, with the predominant reason being  either class attendance, or  a change is status (e.g. apprentice > marshal).  With the exception of completed and approved background checks for either Youth Combat or Youth Rapier marshals, I think any other change to the data within the database should be initiated by the KEM.

Vlad"

Thanks everyone, and thank you Vlad.