[Archers] Saint Sebastian's Prize at Pennsic

Holly Gibbons holly0920 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 10:09:44 PDT 2010

(1) One small caveat in the midst of such wonderful and wide-ranging discussion.
The goal of St. Sebastian's Prize is to be as inclusive as possible, given
inevitable constraints. I think a means to hold numbers in check may be needed,
but it may not, and so perhaps at this juncture we should turn our attention to
getting permission for this novelty shoot. Something about cart before the horse
...!

(2) As for IKAC's we shot them last year at Needwood Forest practices but we all
got annoyed when Ceridwyn's scores were thrown out because she was deemed too
"good" to compete as the 11-year old that she was. We haven't shot any this
year. Personally I am anything but fast and so all those timed rounds just make
me dizzy. But maybe I will try again next year.

(3) For those of you who have voiced unhappiness with one or another aspects of
Pennsic Archery, such as the populace targets . . . those good and gentle
archers who are painting all those target faces and planning the shoots might
like to hear constructive suggestions accompanied by offers of help and support.
We all go to war, we do little but marshall, and yet we on this list complain
loudly and publically. It does not sit well.