[Archers] More Royal Archer Competition information

Lady Esperanza Lady_Esperanza at cox.net
Sun May 9 19:03:43 PDT 2010

Lord Samuel Calvert of Gidiehall put on a wonderful Royal Archer shoot.

It was based on Apocalyptic Traditions from many different cultures.
Complete with Ravens, Satan, Loki, the Four Horsemen, a Seven Headed
Beast, the Seven Levels of Hell, Vishnu Kalki and Kali, Fenris and
Freyr, Angra Mainyu with Saochaunt and Ahura Mazda, the Wheel of Seven
Deadly Sins, and Vishnu and Shiva to name a few. Booklet front cover was
a rendition of the Mouth of Hell from the Katherine of Cleeves book of
hours and The Four Horsemen riding off into the sunset on the back.
Documentation for the targets was available at the shoot showing from
the period artwork from which each target came.

Top 8:

Seamus McRay
Jonathas Reinisch - passed on the opportunity
Fen of Roxbury Mills
Valgard av Mors
Nuala of Needwood
Karl Van Komgsberg
Theodore Billgsley
Geoffrey of Needwood
Miles de Locwode

Others can correct me if I am wrong but I think it was like this:

Round 1-
Karl vs Nuala -   Karl winner
Mors vs Theodore - Theodore winner
Fen vs Geoffrey - Fen winner
Miles vs Seamus - Miles winner

Round 2-

Fen vs Miles - Miles winner
Karl vs Theodore - Theodore winner

Round 3-
Miles and Theodore

Winner of Royal Archer Competition Miles de Locwode

Prizes were also given to the shooters that were top in their Archery rank:

Grand Bowmen Elite: Jonathas Reinisch
Bowmen Elite: Fen of Roxbury Mills
Bowmen: Karl Von Komgsberg
Marksmen: Godai Katsunaga