[Archers] Specifically, the 'written exception' rule

Lady Esperanza Lady_Esperanza at cox.net
Fri Mar 5 21:00:23 PST 2010

The new rules in my opinion don't take into account shooting at shorter
distances, everything needs 100 yards and that is a big change, at least
to me.

This is cut and pasted from one of Siegfried's previous emails as it
describes the situation well:

It disregards any aspect of the 'nature of the shoot'.  Safety zones
>needed for shooting a pop-n-jay at 5yds, are very different from
>shooting at a ground target at 5yds.  The former needs far more than
>100yds, the latter needs significantly less.

The news rules also does not make exceptions for physical barriers,
besides getting a waiver.

We used to have the following:

*3.9.3.2.3* Physical barriers such as a hill, permanent solid backstop,
a wall, etc can be used to reduce the amount of safety zone needed.
However, the barrier must completely cover the safety zone in order to
count. A small barrier that could be shot around is not sufficient.

Lady Esperanza