[Archers] New Archery Rule Change

Jonathas Jonathas at RedFoxDen.org
Wed Mar 3 06:33:15 PST 2010

That isn't the way I read the rule.  I read it as "the safety zone will
extend 100 yards from the shooting line or 1/2 the distance to the furthest
target behind that target, which ever is longer".

So the safety zone become:
20 Yd target:
     Previous: 60 yd
     New: 100 yd

40 yd target:
     Previous: 800 yd
     New: 100 yd

100 yd target:
     Previous: 150 yd
     New: 150 yd

And don't forget about the second half of the rule, allowing for exceptions
if requested in writing.  Every shooting or archery club I have ever seen
has their entire perimeter fenced off and clearly labeled to keep people out
of the "down range" area, with only certain areas being deemed safe (kinda
the reverse of typical event sites). Allen will have to decide how and when
to allow this portion of the rule to be used.

Jonathas