[Archers] Trying to make some sense...

fenrisulven at comcast.net fenrisulven at comcast.net
Tue Jul 20 06:00:21 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Siegfried" <siegfried at crossbows.biz>
To: fenrisulven at comcast.net
Cc: archers at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:19:27 AM
Subject: Re: [Archers] Trying to make some sense...

I'm sorry Fen, but it's the autocrats event.  If the autocrat decides at
2pm that they don't want any archery.  Then there isn't any archery.
The MIC has no 'power' to say "Up Yours Autocrat, you gave me this
space, now it's mine"

You're right, I see that.  But if safety is our #1 priority, then that structure needs to be changed.

At Storvik Novice we spent an hour with protractors, police tape, and a laser range finder,

just to be certain the course met the new standards .  Allowing the autocrat to come in and change

our space afterwards would have jeapordized its safety.  What was a carefully planned course

would have become a cluster.

I know that on paper the Marshal has the responsibility to shut it all down if he feels its no longer safe,

but human nature being what it is - I think most will try to adapt the course to the new space on the fly

and, under pressure and in a rush to "make it work", we risk something safety- related falling thru the cracks.

Also, the MOL has no bearing at all with anything to do with archery.

My bad, I meant the EM or his Deputy, not the MOL.

Regardless, you have more knowledge and experience with this.  So I submit to your judgement.

Thank you for allowing me to voice my concerns, and for responding to them so gently.

Cheers

Fen