[Archers] Winter University - archery track

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Wed Dec 8 11:36:44 PST 2010

Greetings all,

I haven't heard yet where Winter University will be held this year, but I know I want an archery track.  Having said that, I probably won't be able to attend Winter University this year.  Maybe, but probably not.

So, what classes would you like to teach?  What classes would you as archers like to see taught?  What would you like to attend?

I'll toss out a few ideas and jump in with your own thoughts.  Keep in mind too, that if you are interested in teaching a class, you don't have to do it by yourself.  You can team-teach with someone else or two someone elses. If you have never taught or been up in front of people in this venue it can be a bit intimidating. There are some of us who do it for a living and have some tips and tricks that will help you pull it off.  I'd really like to encourage new people to try their hand at this, to showcase not only your individual skills but also the various aspects of archery in Atlantia.

Class ideas:

Archery Equipment for the Youth Archer, and/or Archery Equipment for the Beginning Archer - how to get started, etc. (lots of examples of gear would probably require in collaboration between a few folks.)

How to run archery at events. (I know at least two of us have taught this in the past, we might want to compare notes to enhance the class offered.)

Basic Target Building for Events or Your Home Range

Basic Arrow/bolt making

How to tune your crossbow/bow

Basic Crossbow/Bow construction  (kits?)

Any Historical Archery Class

Any expert on a particular style of archery such as Mongol, etc

How to make a:  Flemish String Making, Arm Guard, Quiver, etc.

Basic Leather working for Archers

Target Archery Marshaling Class (2 hours - lots of hands on examples please)

Traditional Bow Hunting

How to Improve your Archer "Kit"

Archer Persona Ideas and How to Develop Them

Others Thoughts??

Best,