[Archers] Fwd: I need your help

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Mon Aug 23 06:39:16 PDT 2010

Oh, and I should add.   the 120cm at 10yds made from pink foam?   Also
makes an amazing young kids target to have them shooting alongside the
adults :)

Siegfried

On 8/23/10 9:36 AM, Siegfried wrote:
> Lord Mungo, a very salient point.  I will add as followup to my last
> statement.  If Atlatl was to go to 120cm targets.   Stands for them are
> remarkably easy to create.  As that size is approx 4' ... A 4x8 sheet of
> pink insulation from Home Depot, cut in half and duct taped back
> together, makes a very effective 120cm target butt.   Just prop it up
> with some sticks/rods into/against the ground.
>
> Therefore making it rather easy to have a 'second target' just for Atlatl
>
> Siegfried
>

> On 8/23/10 9:28 AM, Garth G. Groff wrote:
>> Lorelei, Enequy, and friends,
>>
>> No problems with the six darts idea, though Lord Christophe is right
>> about target construction.
>>
>> Right now, atlatls are welcome alongside archers at Isenfir's practice,
>> and occasionally we have a thrower. We have only a single fixed target
>> with moving shooting lines. Adding a 10-yard target for atlatls would
>> require an extra end, and would not be popular with the archers (they
>> need to shoot first, along with the cross bow folks to avoid the
>> possibility of breaking arrows). When I shoot with Caer Gelynniog, they
>> offer a second target for atlatls next to the archery target, but
>> Isenfir has only one. Enequy's idea of 10-20-30 would work fine with a
>> separate range, or with two targets (with the atlatl target set ten
>> yards closer), but a separate range defeats the direction Atlantian
>> marshals are expected to be moving with regards to atlatls.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>

>> Lord Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir Target Archery Marshal
>>
>> loreleielkins at aol.com wrote:
>>> Forwarded for Enequy.(Goooh)
>>>
>>> He brings up some points for discussion about atlatl.  Lady Reyne
>>> (robynbecker_AT_comcast.net <mailto:robynbecker_AT_comcast.net>) has
>>> proposed some rules for atlatl as well.  We've asked around the atlatl
>>> community and most people agree that we can go from three to six
>>> darts.  Thoughts?  Discussion?
>>>
>>> Lorelei
>>>
>>> PS We will have atlatl at War of the Wings, but not on a separate
>>> range from archery. We will also have an atlatl prize shoot.  Right
>>> now, for some reason atlatl counts as part of the thrown weapons war
>>> point.

>>> 2:00 - 3:00 Beginning archery for kids
>>> 3:00 - 4:00 Beginning Atlatl
>>> 4:00 - 5:00 Atlatl prize fling!
>>> 7:30 - Susan G. Komen fundraiser night shoot
>>>
>>> Saturday Range Opened 8:30 - 5:00 (closed for procession)
>>> 11:30 Beginning Archery for Adults
>>> 12:30 Kids Prize Shoot
>>> 1:30 Improving your Archery