[Archers] Excise Tax - Re: Fletchers: Lost goodies from 3Rivers catalog

Garth G. Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Mon Apr 19 07:02:11 PDT 2010

Lord Siegfried,

I saw this someplace, but it was either in error, or I misinterpreted
what the headline said. Actually, only the tax on "kiddie" arrows was
eliminated. They really ought to do away with the excise tax completely,
or at least shift the proceeds to wildlife programs, since there are
only a very few wooden arrow/shaft manufacturers in the country and it
an unfair burden on some very small producers. Last year I tried to deal
with one woodworker up in New Hampshire who had made exotic wood shafts,
but he told me (though I wonder if he was being completely frank) that
he had switched to making popsicle sticks because of the tax. I have
never seen a purple heart popsicle stick.

Anyway, the Rose City Archery's explanation is here:
http://www.rosecityarchery.com/FET-Kiddie-Exempt.htm .

In your service,

Lord Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir Target Archery Marshal