[Archers] Another arrow supplier

Mike Matthews michaelstuart at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 11:24:33 PDT 2010

To add to the list of potential suppliers, there's also a wood arrow
maker here in NC, Hawk Arrows. I'm not sure he has a web site but
there's an article about his business in the latest CTA newsletter at
http://thecta.org/assets/April%202010%20Newsletter_website.pdf (starts
on p.12). According to the article, he's "the number one vendor of
traditional wood arrows in the Eastern United States". I haven't shot
any of his arrows but I have seen them in person and they do look
nice.

We're blessed with a plethora of archery events within SCA thanks to
the hard work of everyone on this list, but also on the calendar are
the NC traditional archery championships for 2010, which are being
held May 28, 29 & 30 at the Catawba Valley Wildlife Club in Hickory,
NC. For what it's worth, Hickory looks to be about an hour's drive
from the Elkin site where SAAD is being held. I thought I would
mention that just in case anyone can't get enough archery this spring.

In service,

Ld. Eirik Gralokkr
Charlesbury Crossing, Barony of Sacred Stone