[Archers] Seasonal Challenge

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Tue Sep 30 17:56:21 PDT 2008

Marshal,
I have just posted the rules for the next Seasonal Challenge.  I was
waiting for the stores to get their Halloween stuff in.  I'll outline
the shoot below.

Target:  Halloween door hanger with a house with a moon over it, ghosts,
four pumkins along the bottom and bats.    Across the top are the words
Enter If You Dare.  Available at Walmart for $1.
Scoreing:  1 point for the moon.  The shaft must cut the color of the
moon to score.  If the shaft hits the chimney over the moon without
cutting color, no score.
    2 points for each ghost.
    3 points for each pumkin and/or the owl in the tree.
    5 points for each bat.
    Multiple points for any one target may count.  i.e. if you put three
arrows in one bat you get 15 points.
    Maximum score is 90, 6 shafts X 3 ends X 5 points max per shaft.
End:  One end consists of 6 shafts.  For this shoot, 3 ends are shot for
a total of 18 arrows.  All ends are untimed.
Distance: 25 yards.

Enjoy,
cog