[Archers] Archery Tract at Feburary University?

Garth G. Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Tue Nov 25 08:57:57 PST 2008

Lorelei,

I was considering a how-to class in making medieval-style target arrows.
I have to make a new batch first, and some necessary materials from
England haven't arrived yet. This may have to wait for another university.

Alternatively, I'm considering doing a lecture class on Scottish archers
and what their kit would likely have been. Whether I can pull this
together by then, I don't know for sure. I'm still in the research stage
on my lecture, and need to make a saltir cross surcoat as well. If
ready, I will probably do this whether there is an archery track or not.
We'll see.

Otherwise, I will be taking what seems most interesting and useful of
other people's archery classes. I hope that Lord Allen or someone else
can be persuaded to give the target archery marshal authorization class.
I would like to take it again, since last year's class was truncated and
there is much more I would like to learn from him.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff / Mungo Napier, Archer of Mallard Lodge