[Archers] Unevent

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Tue Nov 18 14:45:41 PST 2008

To all Atlantian target archery marshals,
Unevent is soon upon us.  If you are planning on attending I wanted to
give a heads up on some topics of discussion in the target archery
session.  If you are not planning on attending but have significant
input or a strong opinion, please get your point of view to someone who
will be attending so I can garner all input to the topics listed.

- Youth marshals.  Should Atlantia begin a program of warranted youth
marshals?  That being youths under the age of 18.  I'm thinking we could
do this as long as the youth marshal is under the direct supervision of
a warranted adult marshal.  That being no youth marshal may be the MIC
at an event or practice, however, they may participate in equipment
inspections and running the line.  What criteria would be required of
youths to be a warranted youth marshal?

- Creation of a youth Royal Round.  Youths would shoot at the distances
of 10, 15, and 20.  Some questions about this:  Should there be a speed
round or not?  If there is a speed round should it be extended 15
seconds to a total time of 45 (the West does this)?  What defines a
youth?  16 - 18 one class, under 16 a second or more divisions?

- Mixing of acohol and archery at events and practices.  (This should
take very little time.)

-  Your DEM is woefully behind on distribution of Royal Round
classification division awards.  I enlist you assistance is clearing the
overdue awarding of these badges.

- Hopeful updates on new badges.

- Other business.

As usual, any input to these or other topics is always welcome,

Christophe of Grey