[Archers] Sponsored Shoot at Pennsic

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Tue Dec 2 06:36:56 PST 2008

This all sounds great guys ... one quick thought I wanted to toss out
for discussion though:

> B) 1 Crossbow, 1 Period Bow, 1 Flat limb Bow per team (the first two per
> Atlantian rules)

Do you want to 'require' a modern flat limb as part of the competition?
 That, to my own sensibilities seems to, perhaps, be a wrong connotation.

I imagine a vision of a whole bunch of period archers sitting around,
hearing about the competition, and going:  "Well dang, we have to find a
person with a modern bow to compete?"

IE:  If a team showed up with two period bows, is that a bad thing?

I'd suggest therefore that you modify these rules.   A more simple
wording would perhaps be:

"Teams of 3, of which one must be shooting crossbow and one must use a
period handbow"

That would allow the 3rd bow to be anything.   If you wish to disallow
two crossbows, then perhaps a phrasing such as this:

"Teams of 3, one crossbow and two handbows, at least one handbow must be
of period design"