[Archers] Request input on bow inspection at events.

Sharon Henderson revsharonhenderson at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 26 09:12:20 PDT 2007

Greetings all,

This is a good discussion topic IMHO, Lady Lorelei!  Thanks for bringing it up!  I'm always glad to have anyone check my bow who has been through marshal training, because that intimates two things:

1) they're a good enough archer to become a marshal at it
2) they've passed the training.

They might well catch something I would miss--and I would neither want to compete publicly with a sub-par bow (or over-used arrows, for that matter!), nor shoot at ALL under the same circumstances.  *g*  Too many things can go wrong with our kinds of physics at play so close to one's face...

However, I personally would not consider myself ready to compete unless the Archery Marshal in Charge had passed my bow, or one of their subordinates had done likewise on their behalf.  So I guess my answer to your thoughts would be that I'm always glad to hear the opinion of an informed fellow Archer--but would still attend weapons inspection and abide by the ruling from there.

Blessings,
Meli
Sometime Archer