[Archers] Royal Round web site

Jonathas Jonathas at RedFoxDen.org
Mon Nov 20 06:28:59 PST 2006

Another option may be to remove Ludicrous Bowmen list from the 'Official Ranks' page, as it is not truly official, but keep it on the 'Current List' page as it is a truly difficult level of shooting to achieve (only 20 in the life of the SCA!) and should be noted who is currently shooting at that skill level.

As for making the Ludicrous Bowmen an official rank, well, lets look at our neighbors.  East – has had Ludicrous Bowmen for a very *very* long time.  Aethelmearc – has only recently (2 years now)  gotten their first Ludicrous Bowmen (who is now two ranks *above* Ludicrous with a 161!!).  Yet neither has taken the step to make it official.  Personally, making Ludicrous official would take away from the mystique of it, it is beyond rules, it is SCAdian Legend!  Besides how would you ever get the badge past heraldically?  And the Paisley is a much part of the rank as the name, neither could be changed.

For those who don’t know it here is one account of the story behind the naming convention and the Ludicrous Bowmen;
http://members.aol.com/AGPitts/ludic.html

In Service,
Jonathas