[Archers] Event date.

Greg Christensen gcjckc at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 17:04:07 PST 2006

Greetings Lorelei,

For all to know, I don't think the next Kingdom Archery Champion should be
decided on how well he/she fairs during the hottest days of the year (JULY).
   And nothing was ever said about tradition of it being held in July.  Look
at the Previous Champions site
http://archery.atlantia.sca.org/champions.html and you will see that it was
held at all times of the year in the past and there was even a Champion that
only held onto it for six months and another for seven months.  And it was
even suggested by Tnek and Lorenzo that it would be best done in fall at the
end of archery season vs early spring when people are rusty from not
shooting all winter.   In the last few years it has been run in the extreme
heat and several archers have succumed to the heat.  In 2005 if the shoot
would have run for another half hour I would have probably would have had
gone to the hospital for heat exhaustion.  The date as it stands is April
21st.  I have not seen the contract from the site, but have talked to the
person who is renting it to us and have a verbal confirmation.

In Service
THL GREGGE the ARCHER
Atlantian Archery Champion
           AND