[Archers] Target Archery Track, For February University

Siegfried crossbow at freeshell.org
Thu Oct 13 08:33:17 PDT 2005

10:00am
* Class Title: Target Archery Marshal 101
* SCA Name(s): Siegfried Sebastian Faust
* Modern Name: Eli White
* Contact info: 301-829-3178 / crossbow at freeshell.org
* Description of class:
	This is the class all Marshals-in-training must take to learn how to be
a Marshal.  It also serves as a refresher for any current Marshal, and
will renew their class requirement.
* Equipment needed: none
* Class length: 1hr
* Enrollment limit (if any): None
* Class Fee (if any): None

11:00am
* Class Title - On Becoming a Better Archer
* SCA Name(s) without titles - Christophe of Grey
* Modern Name - John Atkins
* Contact info (email/phone) - cogworks at triad.rr.com  336-969-6206 (not
after 9:30pm)
* Description of class - How to tune your archery equipment, improve
your technique, and practice for better results.  (This class will focus
on non-crossbow archers and technique.)  A handout will be provided.
* Equipment needed by students - Desire to improve.  (This class will be
discussion and demo based without actually shooting so no need for a
true archery range.)
* Class length (1hr, 2hr?) - 1 hr
* Enrollment limit (if any)- no limit
* Class Fee (if any) - No fee

1:30pm
* Class Title: Lets make targets!
* SCA Name(s) Mika Longbow
* Modern Name Michael Park
* Contact info (email earlmika at aol.com phone 703-631-3494
* Description of class:
	Methods to create all sorts of ingenious and fun target archery targets.
* Equipment needed: bring your imagination
* Class length (1hr,)
* Enrollment limit (if any) None
* Class Fee (if any) None

2:30pm
Class Title - An Easy, Inexpensive Way to Decorate Your Arrows
SCA Name(s) without titles - Reyne Telarius
Modern Name - Robyn Becker
Contact info (email/phone) - reyne_telarius at hotmail.com/410-676-5795
Description of class - Have you ever wanted to spiff up your arrows, but
couldn't afford the cresting jig and supplies?  Well, this class will
show you how you can make your own designs without expensive equipment.
Equipment needed by students - raw wood shafts for painting.  Only bring
a few, there will not be time or materials to decorate a whole dozen!
Class length (1hr, 2hr?) - 1hr
Enrollment limit (if any) - 15
Class Fee (if any) - $2 to cover supplies

3:30pm
* Class Title Running an archery Tourney
* SCA Name(s) Mika Longbow
* Modern Name Michael Park
* Contact info (email earlmika at aol.com phone 703-631-3494
* Description of class Setting up an archery shoot to include target
setup, backstops, safety, scoring,
shooting area limitation and more.*
* Equipment needed none
* Class length (1hr,)
* Enrollment limit (if any) None
* Class Fee (if any) None

4:30pm
 >* Class Title- Women Archers in the SCA
 >> * SCA Name(s) without titles - Francesca Angelo
 >> * Modern Name - Heather White
 >> * Contact info (email/phone) - loving2teach at yahoo.com   301-829-3178
 >> * Description of class -
This will be an open discussion about how being a
women shooting archery in the SCA can be different and
often intimidating at times.  We will discuss how
women must shoot differently due to physical
differences and how to not be discouraged by other
male archers on the range.

--
THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust                      http://crossbows.biz/
Barony of Highland Foorde                       Baronial Archery Marshal