[Archers] Crossbow Laws Update

Scott Dean scott_dean at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 4 09:35:42 PST 2003

Siegfried Sebastian Faust wrote:

> First of all, Greetings again Lady Ysolt ... I am copying you on this
> message, which is a culmination of a bunch of discussions that have
> happened in the archery marshallate community after the announcement of 'no
> crossbows'.  Which basically stemmed from my own research into Maryland
> Laws on this subject (When i started making crossbows professionally).  And
> started from a reaction of: "Ok, I can't find any such law on the books
> anywhere."  Following is a complete discussion of the topic.

Thank you Siegfied, for your efforts in looking into, going to the
effort of looking at the law and rules involved, compliling the results
of the recent discussion on this forum, and articulating it in a concise
(ok, maybe it wasn't what some would considered "concise" <grin>) form
for all of us.

-- Manus MacDhai
   Barony of Windmasters' Hill