[Archers] Crossbow Laws ...

Deedee L Cole deallac at juno.com
Mon Mar 3 15:14:47 PST 2003

Siegfried,

   I have lived in AA County for over 12 years, and I had always been led
to believe
exactly what was sent to you. So..... I went to the AA County Municipal
Code web page
and did a search.  'Firearms' seem to be, as you said, rifles, handguns,
and shotguns.
'weapons' are defined as bows and arrows, bb guns, slingshots and the
like.

  The only restrictions seem to be related to actually discharging the
various items
(except for no sale/loan/etc... to minors), so it seems that if you don't
want to shoot
it, you should be okay.

  If I find any more, I will let everyone know.

  I am just as curious, since it is difficult to teach a marshals class
without a crossbow
to demonstrate inspection techniques :)

Dealla