[Archers] Championship - Backdrop loans?

Siegfried Sebastian Faust eliwhite at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 7 06:48:22 PDT 2003

Greetings unto the archery marshals of Atlantia ...

I have a boon to ask of you.

With the championship coming up this weekend, I have gotten a sudden
'desire' to have a few more backdrops than I currently have access to.

If you have one of the good quality archery nets, or other type of
backdrops, and could possibly bring it along with you on Saturday, please
contact me privately to discuss it.

For the record, I am not in 'need' of any additional backdrops from a
safety point of view.  I simply wouldn't mind a few extra ones, to be nicer
to the archers on some of the shoots in finding their arrows.

I do, however, request that this not be the 'light-weight' white colored
nets.  Only the green nets, the HEAVY white nets, or other backdrop systems
you may have devised.  Why?  Because the light white nets have been known
to be less safe than no net, as some high powered bows (especially
crossbows) will put arrows right through those nets, and something about
the design of the nets cause the arrow to take a 45 degree angle turn
upwards, and lose very little energy.  Sending them flying away into the
distance.

So, if you think you can lend a hand (or should that be, a net), let me
know.  Thanks.

Siegfried
  -- Looking forward to handing over the Champions badge to someone else on
Saturday