[Archers] Royal Round Rules

Bob Welenc Bob_Welenc at Cablespeed.com
Fri Dec 19 12:37:03 PST 2003

For my $.02 worth:

	Another small nit.  -  The text following Presentation of Badges in
paragraph II.E is not consistent with the text in paragraph II.E.7.  I think
that the first text is a better choice, but consistency is much more
important.

	I agree with all of the other comments that have been sent out so far.

Ivan Borisovich Volchevo Lesa

-----Original Message-----
From: archers-bounces at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
[mailto:archers-bounces at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org]On Behalf Of Siegfried
Sebastian Faust
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 2:18 AM
To: archers at atlantia.sca.org
Cc: Alan Gravesend
Subject: [Archers] Royal Round Rules

Greetings to all Archery Marshals of Atlantia ...

I have been updating the Target Archery webpages (not quite finished yet, a
few pieces are missing from the website currently and will be filled in
shortly).

However, in the process, I ran into the Royal Round rules that existed on
the website, and quickly realized that they were out of date with changes
made by Mika and Ignacio.   They did not reflect the current way that all
of us were operating.  Plus, as I read more, there were some potentially
confusing bits, and some formatting issues I decided to take care of at the
same time.

The result of this, can be found here:
http://archery.atlantia.sca.org/ranking_rules.html

I wish to put this version of the rules out and ask for comments on the
changes I am proposing.  All changes in that document are marked in Orange,
and all original text still exists (and is struck out)

Therefore, you should be able to easily see what, where, and why, I have
changed some of the text.

If you have any input to add, I would greatly apprechiate it.

For those who would prefer the cliff notes versions of the major changes,
here they are:

The changes we are all operating under, but aren't documented:

A) Mentioning that only 3 scores per day per archer per bow should be
submitted and will be accepted.
B) Everyone is permanently allowed to wear the badge of their highest rank.
C) The 'Archer' rank carries a badge, black/silver/black
D) Allowing the Deputy Earl Marshal for Target Archery, and my deputies, to
hand out archery badges.  (Note: I will still prefer and seek out for local
Baron/ess to do this; however, in the case of Shires/etc, we need this
quicker method)

and finally, the one change that I made myself (a NEW change)

E) I removed the lengthy section, that required local marshals to write to
me to request badges.  These rules were written before the excellent
scorekeeping system was created by Jonathas/Gregge.  As it stands now, it
is very simple for me to see who needs a new badge, for what reasons, and
to get it to them.  Therefore, I see no reason to place this extra burden
on the local marshals, when the software takes care of it.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your comments.

Siegfried
Deputy Earl Marshal for Target Archery