[Archers] (no subject)

Lawrence Castell Lawrence.Castell at trw.com
Wed May 15 10:25:23 PDT 2002

I do not mean that we should help them with their names or become heralds. But just TRY to strongly discourage names that are obviously fantasy, fiction, etc. from being presented on the SCA pages. The same way that heralds don't like to present them to the College of Heralds.

Read it again. I also told Gregge to keep those type of names off the list until he can check with the respective marshal. The respective marshal should have  MENTIONED this to the respective archer when they wrote down their name. It is also an act or courtesy on the part of the marshal to let the new archer know that there might be problems with the name.

I am not trying to change anything, just play the game as it was taught to me.

I hope that this clears things up a little.

Ignacio

H., V., K., & S

>>> <Costello53 at aol.com> 05/15/02 01:02PM >>>
As both a herald and an archery marshal, I have to agree with Nikolai's post.  As a herald it is my job to assist new people with their names.  As an archery marshal it is my job to make sure newcomers learn to shoot safely, abide by the rules and have a good time while doing so.

Maire