[Archers] Score Keeper/Web Minister

Ignacio teatimemates at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 28 20:21:28 PST 2002

Unto the Target Archery Marshals of Atlantia does the Earl Marshal for
Target Archery send greetings;

I come to all of you this day with a challenge and a contest for those that
might be interested. As of the first of March a new Kingdom Royal Round
Scorekeeper is needed.

Lord Robert is passing on the duties to the next person interested in
conducting the duties of the Kingdom Scorekeeper. I would like to thank him
for all the time and effort that he has put into this endeavor over the past
few years. It is a job that takes a lot of time and effort with very little
or no thanks in return. We tend to expect it to happen without thought of
the work that goes into it. Thank you Robert, we might not always say it but
we appreciate it.

Saying that - Who will be the next scorekeeper? The following are the rules
for the competition to see who that will be. There are a lot of changes from
the old. But the basic concept has not changed. I am using this opportunity
to spiff up our page(s) and give a better presentation of the data for all
types of archers.

The idea is to display YOUR designed web page(s) and be evaluated. The only
reference material that you have to work with is the present Royal Round
score page located at http://archery.atlantia.sca.org/royal.html. Also refer
to the Winter Series score pages for display of tables at
http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/scores.html. The years of Royal Round
background data (past scores, etc) will be delivered to the new scorekeeper.

1) MUST to a warranted marshal
  1a) MUST send your name (SCA) and home group (Barony, etc) to me by 15
February
2) MUST have access to a web site
  2a) so you can upload the information when YOU need to make the changes
  2b) the archery page WILL link to that page
  2c) any site that you can set up is fine, I use the space provided by my
service provider
  2d) MUST send the URL of the main page of your entry to me by 22 February
3) MUST be dedicated to update the file weekly (max of 10 days)
  3a) winter months - if there are no scores sent to you in that time frame,
say so and update the date
  3b) summer months - update weekly with whatever scores you have received
in that time frame
     3b1) archers want to see their new scores
     3b2) don't want to wait a month for the change
     3b3) especially if they are changing rank levels
4) MUST make the following changes to the present page;
  4a) all tables will be in order of (no real changes here)
     4a1) Royal Round score
     4a2) each rank (bowman, archer, etc) will be color coded to the
respective badge
     4a3) Royal Round scoring WILL NOT change from the present
        4a3a) archer ranks, each rank (bowman, etc) maintains present score
levels
        4a3b) bow types, all respective tables will be a SUBSET of the main
ACTIVE archers table
  4b) a separate table for ALL ACTIVE archers (three scores equals an
average)
     4b1) add a column to display the archers highest rank (or score),
properly color coded
        4b1a) example - this year the archer is shooting in the 75 range,
down ten points from last year
           4b1a1) the archer is displayed at the 75 point level
           4b1a2) the archer row is colored for Bowman
           4b1a3) the archers highest score column is colored (and points?)
for Bowman Elite.
  4c) a separate table for ALL INACTIVE archers
     4c1) less then three royal round scores
     4c2) anyone that has had an average in the past, but does not have a
present average
        4c2a) will maintain their previous highest rank
        4c2b) will be properly color coded by rank
  4d) a separate table for ALL ACTIVE archers that use a crossbow (subset of
main table)
  4e) a separate table for ALL ACTIVE archers that use a recurve (subset of
main table)
  4f) a separate table for ALL ACTIVE archers that use a longbow (subset of
main table)
5) Maintain on the page
  5a) your contact point for sending scores to
  5b) the rules for Royal Rounds or link to the archery page rules page
  5c) any other pertinent info you feel is wanted
  5d) ensure all data is readable (watch out for backgrounds that
effectively hide the data)
6) SPIFFY ! (ideas - not requirements)
  6a) make it one page or as many pages as you want
  6b) make it as spiffy as you want, make it impressive
  6c) tables do not need to have borders, as long as the data is presentable
  6d) pictures (.gif) of the badges are located at
http://home.earthlink.net/~teatimemates/OOP/badges.html
  6e) display the archers highest scores (20, 20T, 30, 40)?? (dummy data is
acceptable for now)
  6f) take the above and put your artistic skill to work

THE JUDGES, etc.
1) will be selected from groups that do not have an applicant as part of
that group (Barony, Shire, Canton)
2) six (6) judges will be selected from presently warranted marshals, one
per group
3) If there is a tie, I will be the tie breaker
4) the judges will have until 27 February to make their decisions
5) the winner will be notified as close to 1 March as I am able to notify
them
6) the winner will get all backup material as soon it can be delivered
7) there will, of course, be a grace period for backlogged data (if any) to
be displayed