[Archers] scorekeeper clarification

Lawrence Castell Lawrence.Castell at trw.com
Mon Feb 11 05:49:36 PST 2002

That is fine if the East Kingdom combines their scores. To my knowledge in the past the Kingdom of Atlantia has not been combining the scores, and averages,  between bow types. Also using the example from Jonathas's last email. The effort here is not to change the way we are running our Royal Rounds averages. It is to be a little more descriptive in the display of the data. And to ensure that the data gets updated more often.

The initial question seems to translates from 'over all' to 'highest'. I still really feel the same. And my answer was in response to the listing on the MAIN table is to display each average by bow type.  And not to display by overall scores, independent of bow type, which we have not done in the past.

If there is a large enough group that feel that we should change the way that the 'over all' average is computed then we will address that as a separate issue. Nothing is set in stone. I would need to get a large enough response from the archers throughout the kingdom to make that kind of change.

Ignacio

H., V., K., & S.

>>> "Siegfried Sebastian Faust" <eliwhite at adelphia.net> 02/11/02 07:56AM >>>
Actually Ignacio ... I think that a different question might have been asked.

The questions comes, that for the MAIN table ... (again, since we will have
all of the separate tables giving all the details).  Does Mika (sorry
again) need to be listed all three times?

Or does it make more sense to simply list him at his highest ranking (in
this case, the 112 w/ crossbow) ...

I believe that this was the question being asked ...

Siegfried

(PS.  Overall, this is still 'different' than all other kingdoms do
it.  Where your bow type does not factor into it.  A score is a score is a
score, and your three highest scores are what matters.  For example, when
Li Kung Lo from the East Kingdom became a Ludicrous Bowmen, he did so with
a combination of crossbow and handbow scores.)