[Archers] Draft of Archery Rules

Lawrence Castell Lawrence.Castell at trw.com
Tue Apr 30 07:49:12 PDT 2002

Lorenzo:

I hope that you are not stopping comments from the rest of the marshals by making a formal rebuttal to each and every person that responds to my call for a vote. By now we are very well aware of your ideas.

Marshals, please continue to respond. Thanks

Ignacio

H., V., K., & S.

>>> "Andre Detommaso" <detomamd at yahoo.com> 04/30/02 09:52AM >>>
I must say, I don't understand these arguments. Where
does it say that not using a hand strap is "handling a
bow well"? YOu're being "safe" by not shooting well.
Why is proper shooting technique secondary? Basically
you're saying that if you want to shoot in Atlantia,
you have to shoot badly.

Although I'm fairly sure that 20th century archers
were not the only geniuses in history who figured out
that holding a bow loosely makes for more accuracy,
even taking your assumption that it didn't exist is
not valid. If we recreated history to this extent, we
wouldn't allow modern recurves, fast-flight strings,
or for that matter nylon strings, take-down recurves,
crossbows with rifle stocks, plastic nocks and the
list goes on. Yet all these are allowed and no one is
talking about taking them away. We make allowances for
the sake of convenience and safety. This is a safety
issue.
Someone tell me where is the negative that comes from
hand straps that justifies them being banned.

Regards,
- Lorenzo