[Archers] (no subject)

Andre Detommaso detomamd at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 09:42:54 PDT 2002

See below...

--- Lawrence Castell <Lawrence.Castell at trw.com> wrote:
> ___________________________________
> Side issue (and not as KAM) - You have to go a very
> long way to prove to me that on the average that all
> three types of bows have an equal advantage. Look at
> the the three lists that show scores (Atlantian
> Royal Rounds, Interkingdom Winter Series,
> Interkingdom IKAC).  Sure there are exceptions to
> the general. But they are the exceptions ( I plan on
> being one of them, I still have a long long way to
> go).
>
> In the Atlantian Royal Rounds, sure Reynard and
> Henry (exceptions) are in the Grand Bowman Elite
> range but where is the next one, recurve or longbow?
> Not with the top three crossbow, but struggling to
> get up to 90.
>
> In the Winter Series. The top longbowman this year
> has 177, the highest ever is 186. In the top 15
> scores ten of them are crossbow, five recurve and no
> longbows. In fact the longbow only shows up in 24th
> position. The recurve shows up in the 5th position.
>
> In the IKAC. The crossbow is in a separate division.
> In the open division the recurve takes the top seven
> positions.
>
> These are the facts that are displayed for all to
> see. And it isn't just on the scoreboard. We see it
> at events everywhere we go.
>
> I don't know enought to say that a more expensive
> type of bow is better than the same type cheaper
> bow. But I know without a shadow of a doubt that
> there is a difference between types of bows.
>
> Just personal opinion.

Lorenzo here:
Absolutely. Exactly my point. The type of bow you
shoot is considerably more important to your end
scores that any type of straps could ever approach. On
average, a recurve shooter will have better scores
than a longbow shooter, and a crossbow shooter will
have better scores than anyone else. Same is true in
East, Aethelmarc, Middle, An Tir and anywhere else you
go. Henri's bow is not really a longbow, more like a
hybrid, and a Ben Pearson, and he shot it
exceptionally well.
Regards,
- Lorenzo