[Atlantia-Announce] Host a Future Atlantian University Session

Adriana la Bretonne baronessadriana at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 13:39:24 PST 2018

At Atlantia's 12th Night, I stepped up as the Chancellor of the University
of Atlantia. In this position, my responsibilities include recruiting
instructors, scheduling classes, and promoting sessions as they occur, as
well as helping to find sites and mentoring event stewards for future
Universities.

Part of my professional experience is conference planning including site
selection, session scheduling, event marketing, vendor relations, and
logistics and budget planning. In the SCA, I have served as an event
steward, an event steward mentor, local and regional seneschal, and as a
landed Baroness. If your group hasn't hosted a University in the past, or
it's been awhile since you have done so, please feel free to contact me so
I can use all of these skills to your advantage to help you put together a
bid and host a successful University.

Also, we have proven that you don't have to have an indoor school or church
site to host a University. We have now had 3 outdoor University sessions
hosted by Windmasters' Hill and Sacred Stone. There's more than one type of
site and / way to hold a University.

I am accessible to anyone as they put together a bid and run the event. In
2018 we have need of a bid for Fall University to be held on September 15.
If you wish to have more time to plan, all 2019 dates are in need of bids
including: February 2, June 8, and September 21.

This FAQ on University Bids is an excellent place for initial info about
the site needs and such: http://university.atlantia.sca.org/host.php

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.

In service,
Dame Adriana la Bretonne
Atlantian University Chancellor university at atlantia.sca.org

--