[Atlantia-Announce] Fwd: SCA newest Spring Fling for Siege III event page look as of 5/01.

Baronö Bessenyei Rozsa via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Tue May 2 05:48:49 PDT 2017

Spring Fling for Siege III

May 19- 21, 2017
Shire of Border Vale Keep
------------------------------
THIS WEEKEND IS FOR YOU SIEGE ENGINEERS AND COMBAT ARCHERY FOLKS IN THE SCA.

MISSILE COMBAT TOURNAMENT: SPEED ROUND VARIANT WITH MULTIPLE WEAPON TYPES.
LOTS OF FIELD ACTIVITIES THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND.

SIEGE ENGINE ACTIVITIES AND TOURNAMENT WITH TEAM WORK SENARIOS SO WE CAN
WORK MORE EFFIECIENTLY WITH OUR ARMY.

ARMORED ROUND ROBIN TORNEY WITH A BLANK SHIELD AS THE PRIZE.

FULL MELEE BRINGING EVERYONE TOGETHER AS THE GREAT SCA ARMY WE ARE.

NIGHT TIME FIELD MISSILE ACTIVITIES FOR ALL.

"LAID BACK" BARDIC FEATURING TALL OR TRUE STORIES.

BONUS: TARGET ARCHERY MARSHAL REFRESHER COURSE.

THIS IS THE PLACE TO GROW IN YOUR SKILS AND TO GET STARTED IN SIEGE AND
COMBAT ARCHERY IF THIS SOUNDS INTERESTING TO YOU.

FOR MORE DETAILS CHECK OUT: http://periodpersonas.com/
village/2017/04/spring-fling-iii-is-upon-us/

Cameron de Grey has posted a lot of detailed information you need for this
event.

PRE-REGISTER FOR FEAST NOW.

*Martial Activities: *Siege and Combat Archery activities start Friday
night. We will have a tournament on Saturday with a shield for a prize for
the winner of this heavy fighting tourney. Siege Engineering Training,
Combat Archery Training

*Arts & Sciences Activities:* Bring anything related to Siege and Combat
Archery and show off. Let us try out your ideas on the field. Will it
really fly? We will find out.

*Cost: *
Adult, Event Registration: $15.00 Day-Trip $15.00 Feast $0.00 Camping
Adult, Member Discount: $10.00 Day-Trip $15.00 Feast $0.00 Camping
Youth (5-17): $5.00 Day-Trip $15.00 Feast $0.00 Camping
Child (0-4): $0.00 Day-Trip $0.00 Feast $0.00 Camping

* Make Checks Payable To: * SCA, Inc., Shire of Border Vale Keep

*Cost Notes:* No fee for bunk house space or camping. Preregistering will
hold a space for you.

* Site:* Richmond County 4-H Camp, 1538 4-H Club Road, Augusta, GA 30906.
Site opens Friday 5PM, closes Sunday 11AM

* Site Restrictions:  *Absolutely no alcohol, no firearms, no pets. Smoking
in designated areas only, and the pool is off limits.

* Feast Information:* By Request we will continue the outdoor grilling of
hand cut ribeye steaks to order with a baked potato bar. Prepaid feast
reservations are required. Anyone with food restrictions please contact the
reservationist.

*Merchanting Information:* We have the Archers' Rune, Medieval
Crossbowman's Outfitters and The Silk Lady as our merchants this year. Any
other siege and combat archery and heavy fighting related merchants are
welcome to contact the autocrat directly.

*Other Information:* All SCA participants wanting to get authorized at this
event need to contact the marshal from your kingdom for the requirements
for your activity before you arrive at this event. Atlantian Staff: Siege
Marshal is Mesterono Rozsa at rozsa[AT]ebonwoulfe.com. Combat Archery
Marshal is Lord Cameron deGrey at camerondegrey[AT]gmail.com. Meridies
Staff: Siege Marshal is Snorri Smedsonn at brigidsforge[AT]yahoo.com.
Combat Archery Marshal is Lord Brun Canutesson at bfountain[AT]
senqciamaxco.com.

* Autocrat's Information: *Baroness Aldis Svansdottir (Stacey Berg), P.O.
Box 3885, Augusta, GA 30914, Phone: (706) 951-2437, E-mail:
baronessaldis[AT]gmail.com

* Reservations:* Baron Olaf Starkadsson (Anton Berg), P.O. Box 3885,
Augusta, GA 30914, Phone: (706) 951-2454, E-mail: lord_ole[AT]bellsouth.net

* Directions: *

There is road construction on Hwy 56, the directions provided will help to
avoid delays. Take your best route to I-20 to Augusta. From GA and points
South and West take exit 196A for I 520E/Bobby Jones Expwy.***Take exit 10
onto Doug Barnard Pkwy, turn right and follow toward Bush Field Airport. Go
past the airport and then turn right onto 4-H Club Road. Cross over the
railroad tracks and follow approximately .6 miles and turn left into the
camp. Signs will be posted. From South Carolina and points North and East
take exit 6 (in SC) for I-520W toward North Augusta. Continue from ***
above.
Details