[Atlantia-Announce] Please note the following from Your Youth Marshals at War of the Wings this year:

Janowicz, Edmund via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Tue Oct 4 08:09:19 PDT 2016

Please note the following from Your Youth Marshals at War of the Wings this year:

Hark! As we hear the drums of war beating for the event and we see the Dogs of War gathering on the horizon, we know that the Young fighters of the Kingdom should not be forgotten! The fruits of our loins, our labors of love, are the next generation who will strive to honor and uphold the traditions and history that this faire kingdom has. Our mission to teach, mentor, and nurture new fighters, we boldly groom the leadership that will lead our Society tomorrow to not pull on the red shirt but don the gold of leadership.... And wore out so they sleep Saturday night!

To you, the populace, we offer the following for all Youth Fighters at the event:

* Saturday, October 15, 2016 Following procession for court, Children gather with sponsor outside/back of court for presentation to the court and populace. At this time we will be calling the youths in procession forward with the adults who stand with or for them.

I conceive something like this happening in a somewhat quick fashion as they'll be lined up. The youth fighter says their name, possibly their canton/barony/house/or kingdom, the adult standing says their name and that they stand with them in some form. *Example: "I am Xavier of House Taivassalama, Youth Heavy Champion of Sacred Stone." adult -"And I am Syr Axel, he is my Page!")

Following Court: Armor inspection, authorizations and practice until 1:00pm. Please note that during this extended time period, each youth Combants will be required to take a minimum 30 minute lunch and water break without exception. Each youth will need to see a Youth Marshall and receive an index card with a time no later than 12:30pm. They will be able to resume practice 30 minutes after the time noted.

1:00pm Divisional Tournaments

2pm Water break and candy handout to co-inside with youth trick or treating going on throughout site

2:30pm Youth Field Battle for War Points. We would like to offer Melee combat and a Capture the Flag battles for the Youth Combants. We would ask for anyone that would be free at this time to Gather around the youth combatants to show your encouragement for the struggle that they will have will be mighty and they will need the force that you can provide to as they struggle to do the best that they can as they in their mighty combat for either the Baron or Baroness.

Please help spread the word on the Youth Combat this year to help make it the most fun for our Youth Combants. Please cross post this to any and all Facebook groups in the Kingdom and any neighboring Kingdoms that might be attending. If you can, please e-mail this also to any groups, households, or families that you can think of that would have any interest in youth combat for this event.

With not knowing how many Youth fighters that might be in attendance, we would ask if you might have any spare youth armor you could possible bring it would be greatly appreciated so that we can field as many fighters as possible.

If you have a youth that is attending that does not have full armor, we will do whatever we can to help get them on the field. WE do ask that they have at least a Helmet and Mandatory protection (Male Cup). We would also ask for a Gorget if you possible have one.

So please we ask, help spread the word and more importantly, please stop buy the field, even if for a few moments to encourage the fighters, especially since they are the next generation that will continue the traditions and noble honor that we have in the Kingdom of Atlantia.

YIS
Eamonn Mac Uilliam

                        [cid:image001.png at 01D21E2F.BC5D1A00]

Edmund Janowicz