[Atlantia-Announce] Scribal Competition at Crown Tournament, the first weekend of November

Kit Wellner via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Tue Oct 4 10:42:23 PDT 2016

Unto the Scribes of Atlantia does Master Tristan Alexander send greetings and a challenge,

At the Upcoming Crown Tourney being held in Nov. In the Barony of the Bright Hills by the Barony of Lochmere I would like to challenge you to do a scroll (or more than one) in a Renaissance style, 1400 to 1600 European.

As my own specialty is more painterly and figurative that is what I would like to see. Human figures. Hours such as the Sforza Hours and The Farnese Hours are some of my favorites.

These scrolls can be for any level award, can be backlog or blanks.

They can not be larger than 8 ½ x 11 and extra points will go to smaller scrolls (more period and fitting for the Hours mentioned).

Any medium is allowed, Period Pigments, watercolor, Acrylic, gouache, all are acceptable!

I and 3 others will Judge these entries and the winner will receive a set of period pigments, the nonpoisonous ones. I may also throw in some colored parchment if I am impressed enough.

Other details to follow, hopefully on the website for Crown.

In service and friendship,
Master Tristan Alexander

Baruna Sajah bint-Habushun ibn-Ishandiyar al-Hajjaji
Traveling MoL, Education  & Novice Scribe Deputy to the Clerk Signet, Woman Who Makes Paints, and unofficial Atlantian Minister of Hugs