[Atlantia-Announce] Announcement - Now Taking Letters of Intent for the Clerk Signet of Atlantia

Cian via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sun Aug 14 15:51:11 PDT 2016

Unto the Kingdom of Atlantia does Cian Triton, Principal Herald of
Atlantia, send greetings!

I hope and trust that everyone has made it safely back from War, and is
enjoying the miracles wrought by Saint Willis Carrier!

I look forward to hearing the tales of War and Glory, and especially of
those who received recognition from Their Majesties for their good works!

As everyone settles back in to their normal routine, I wish to announce
that the position of Clerk Signet of Atlantia is becoming open in a few
short months.  Lady Olivia Isabelle has served this Kingdom well in the
position for three years, and she has indicated to me that she plans to
retire at the end of her term.  Please join me in thanking her for her
service to Atlantia!

To that end, I am now putting out a call for Letters of Intent to fill
the position.  The Clerk Signet is an Officer of State, reporting
directly to me, and working with Their Majesties to ensure that scrolls
are produced for court.  A more detailed description of the office and
the duties and responsibilities will be at the end of this message.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a Letter
of Intent and a list of qualifications to both myself (triton {at}
Atlantia.sca.org) and Their Royal Highnesses (trh {at}
Atlantia.sca.org).  As the current Clerk Signet is stepping down at Fall
Coronation the first weekend in October, the decision for the new Clerk
Signet will be chosen by Their Highnesses.

Deadline for Letters of Intent are Monday, September 15, 2016.
If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to
contact me and ask.

-Cian Triton

The Atlantian Clerk Signet is responsible for the execution of scribal
arts throughout the Kingdom. This includes but is not limited to the
coordination of award documents (scrolls) produced for Kingdom Courts,
maintaining an active scribe list for assignments, and making sure the
Atlantian Scribal Handbook is reviewed on an annual basis and updated as
changes are needed. This provides scribes throughout the Kingdom with a
working manual for scroll production. "Scrolls" are official award
documents requested by the Crown and as such, standards of the various
awards must be met in order for the Crowns to accept and use pieces
submitted to them. The Scribal Handbook therefore must reflect the
current rules/regulations for each Kingdom award in order for scribes to
be informed of the necessary standards.

    The Signet will maintain an ongoing list of all assignments
coordinated by the office during a reign.

    The Atlantian Clerk Signet is included under the Herald's Office and
works directly with the Triton Herald. Quarterly, the Clerk Signet will
compose a report for Triton letting him/her know the total number of
assignments passed out, total number of assignments turned in, needs of
the College of Scribes, issues that came up with solutions or proposed
solutions, and plans/ goals for the next quarter.

    The Clerk Signet is also responsible for providing educational
support to scribes throughout the Kingdom (directly or indirectly). This
may be done in different formats including but not limited to hosting
University classes, classes/ sessions during events through the year,
online interaction, phone calls, or other various face to face
conversations.

     It is important to know that the Clerk Signet is also needed at
times for conflict resolution between individuals and/or larger parties.
While most conflicts can be resolved without interaction by the Signet,
at times the Clerk Signet is asked to step in during situations that
arise which may harm the coordination, submission, or maintenance of
award scrolls or the Scribal Community throughout areas of the Kingdom.
This may be done directly or indirectly, depending on the situation.

    The Clerk Signet staff is composed of individuals throughout the
Kingdom that provides support of the scribal arts to those around them.
The deputies of the Clerk Signet's office should work directly with the
Signet for various activities, plans, and issues that arise. Having a
good communication flow between the Clerk Signet staff is important to
the growth and education of the scribes throughout the Kingdom. Each
Clerk Signet upon taking office will compose their own staff of trusted
individuals who are believed to be able to help the Signet provide
support to the Kingdom and scribes in different ways.  The current
deputies of the Clerk Signet include the Deputy Clerk Signet, Scroll
Backlog Deputy, 2 Regional Deputies (Northern and Southern), a New
Scribe and Education Coordinator, and a Webminister.