[Atlantia-Announce] DEM Target Archery Position announcement

Jay Nardone via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sat Dec 12 20:26:24 PST 2015

Good evening, after much reflection and discussion with our KEM and Lady
Aemilia (my Lady), I am writing you this missive. With a bit of sadness I am
writing to inform our Kingdom that it is my intent to step down as DEM for
Target Archery in Atlantia. I am now in my 4th year of service, and while I
was offered additional time by Sir Otto and I greatly appreciate it, I think
it would be selfish of me to continue further and not let someone else have
the fun and opportunities I have had. I have absolutely enjoyed being DEM
and am honored to have served such a great group of archers in what I
consider the premier archery Kingdom in the known world!

When I accepted this position I set  out to accomplish the items listed
below. I think I have met those and even a few additional along the way. I
sincerely hope I have not let any of you down or done anything to not have
the faith or support from you all.

> 1.       Educate our autocrats and marshals to work more closely together.

> 2.       Continue to educate our marshal's on our rules and how to enforce

> them properly.

> 3.       Correct the multiple small issues with incorrect data on the Earl

> Marshal's page as well as our Atlantia Archery page.

> 4.       Implement a simple multiple choice test for MIT's to better align

> us with the other disciplines.

> 5.       Implement target archery handbook for our Kingdom

>6.       Start the youth Target Archery Marshal program

> 7.     Reinstate the Atlantia Archery Guild

So here is how this will work. By Kingdom rule and law I am required to
advertise the DEM position on the Kingdom announce and Merry Rose lists. The
advertisement will remain open for 60 days. So my goal is to get the
announcement out by 1 Jan 2016. Once announced , I encourage anyone who
would like to apply to send me their information and or resume in the SCA.
The position is open to all that apply. If you think you would like to lead
the marshals and archers of this Kingdom, be impartial in issues and
disputes, teach and support our new marshals and archers, assure archery
remains safe and fun and a few other items; then you should apply. Once the
60 days passes, I will gather all of the submissions and resume's and confer
with Sir Otto and the Crown on my recommendation for the position. Once the
selection is made, it will be announced and the changeover will occur at an
event in the March / April time frame such as Crown Tourney or Coronation.
This was directed by Sir Otto our KEM.

So again, I want to say a big heart felt thank you to you all for the
support, the love and kind words along the way. I am proud of what we have
accomplished these last 4 years and it is something I will never forget!
While Lady Aemilia and I have some more lofty goals in the SCA we will be
pursuing, I will still be as involved with Archery as I am now. I will give
my support to the new DEM and Kingdom as I always have. I will continue to
coordinate and run St. Sebastian's and also have a few more crazy ideas up
my sleeve.

So on behalf of a very grateful DEM,

I thank you all and will let you know formally when the formal announcement
will be released.

Janyn Fletcher of Lancastreschire, DEM TA Atlantia