[Ponte Alto] Weekly Rundown- 8/17

Marion Compton marion.comptonsca at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 06:11:35 PDT 2020

Happy Monday Ponte Alto!

How is everyone doing this week?

We've got a loaded week this week! University registration opens today!
There's an incredible amount of classes this time around again. Check out
the catalog here <https://university.atlantia.sca.org/catalog.php>.

This week, we have a Garb Workshop on Wednesday. Several people have had
garb questions and wanted some input on works in progress so bring your
garb questions and projects and we can all make the most of our
quarantine projects. It'll be on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86328046151?pwd=aHBqRVpFRkpnSXd0SFNZVGZIRU5lUT09>.
The workshop will start at around 7 pm. We also have business meeting this
Sunday at 5 pm. That will also be on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87499564367?pwd=UElFQWZkRnB2WEpFdzMzRkk0Nnlrdz09>
.

Last week, we put out to you some fundraising for memberships for
Atlantians and Pontoons as a whole during these crazy times. Honestly,
you've blown me away. In a single week, we raised almost $1000 and had
several gentles reach out for help. We're going to keep this going as long
as we can. If there are unclaimed funds at the end of September, they'll be
donated directly to SCA Corporate, and then the cycle will start again.
Please use the form below if you are interested in participating, either by
donating or receiving a donation.

Atlantian Membership Fund Drive & Acceptance Form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXdbvxyLqogYEpllvLyQalH0hnsIoz3whMnGCJ3_PWme7L0Q/viewform?usp=sf_link>

Last but not least, virtual courts- please please please go to ESP and
register your preferences for virtual courts by August 26th! Follow this
link <https://polling.atlantia.sca.org/>, and let their Majesties and our
wonderful Excellencies know whether or not you'd be ok receiving virtual
awards.

I'm still working on the class requests I do have, but if you have anything
else you're interested in learning, send it my way as well!

Weekly Rundown:
*Monday:*
3 pm: 1001 Nights with Scholastica, on Facebook live
7 pm: Atlantian Knit Night, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2969428721>
7:30 pm: Afternoon Pell Time, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9830784364>
9 pm: Interview with Duke Timothy of Arindale, details in Facebook event, link
here <https://www.facebook.com/events/768481093923981/>
9 pm: SCA Performer Social Mondays, on Google Meet, link here
<http://meet.google.com/qiy-hnad-puj>

*Tuesday*
3 pm: 1001 Nights with Scholastica, on Facebook live
6 pm: Atlantia Poetry Salon, on Google Meet, link here
<http://meet.google.com/chu-kmca-ycc>
7 pm: Old English Alliterative Poetry, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88025071711?pwd=emxIQ3BtQ0YyYjRDckFTVkdOM3lLQT09>
, Zoom meeting ID: 880 2507 1711, Password: 888543
7 pm: Lochmere Baronial Happy Hour, on Google Meet, link here
<https://meet.google.com/apb-qshi-foi>
7 pm: The Gift of Giving- Creating Largess for Crown and Kingdom, on Zoom, link
here <https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87965473423>
7:30 pm: Afternoon Pell Time, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9830784364>
9 pm: A Branch of Laurels, details on Facebook, link here
<https://www.facebook.com/The-Sisters-Interview-106425901077396/>
9 pm: The Sisters Interview: Laurels from Around the Known World, details
on Facebook page, link here
<https://www.facebook.com/The-Sisters-Interview-106425901077396/>
10 pm: Great Fighters on YouTube, details in Facebook event, link here
<https://www.facebook.com/Great-SCA-Fights-of-YouTube-110826827304409/?eid=ARCklHV5SCGjIlGhIVW2kPzQa5N2R8k45UzURfYscguFynZKmuKub4vyNWzFlxyx7esELUQXT6jnCaeG>

*Wednesday*
3 pm: 1001 Nights with Scholastica, on Facebook live
6 pm: August Unofficial Nothern Atlantian A&S Night, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83367773102?pwd=MmpkdmlKS1JwWXBxS01nZkVsYUxXQT09>
7 pm: Roxbury Mill A&S: Building an SCA Website, on Google meet, link here
<https://meet.google.com/vwn-gvet-pgo>
7 pm: Sacred Stone Art Night, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86053929846>
7 pm: Virtual Garb Workshop, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86328046151?pwd=aHBqRVpFRkpnSXd0SFNZVGZIRU5lUT09>
, Meeting ID: 863 2804 6151, Passcode: 387747
7:30 pm: Afternoon Pell Time, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9830784364>
9 pm: Discord Dance Review, on Discord.
9:30 pm: Woodworking 101- Trestle Table, details in Facebook event, link
here <https://www.facebook.com/events/763074670932818/>

*Thursday*
3 pm: 1001 Nights with Scholastica, on Facebook live
7 pm: Black Diamond Fighter Chat, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83282382527>
7 pm: An Overview of Embroidery, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88196069664>
7 pm: Elvegast A&S Night- Viking Period Dyes, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89246381652?pwd=OVIzNDhDMHp1VWZib28zN0pNRmM4UT09>
7:30 pm: Afternoon Pell Time, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9830784364>
9 pm: Silent Herald/ASL Practice Sessions, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83014395523>, Meeting ID: 830 1439 5523, Password:
934259
10 pm: Ask the Knights Live, on Facebook Live, details on Facebook, link
here <https://www.facebook.com/AsktheKnights/>

*Friday*
3 pm: 1001 Nights with Scholastica, on Facebook live
7 pm: SCA Coaches Corner Presents, details on Facebook, link here
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/811135976000374/>
7:30 pm: Afternoon Pell Time, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9830784364>
8 pm: Coastal Bardic IV, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87981449096>

*Saturday*
3 pm: 1001 Nights with Scholastica, on Facebook live
5 pm: Shut up and Research pt 2, details in Facebook event, link here
<https://www.facebook.com/events/3066166093505565/>
7 pm: Bright Hills Bardic, on Google Meet, link here
<https://meet.google.com/fmx-fxet-jhn>
7:30 pm: Afternoon Pell Time, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9830784364>
8 pm: Naalbinding Get Together, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81919199275?pwd=dlVVNHVEaEYvandiNDFEanBNNXZXUT09>
9 pm: Interview with Duke Hirsch, details in Facebook event, link here
<https://www.facebook.com/events/617332569169812/>

*Sunday*
10 am: Naalbinding Get Together Session B, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81919199275?pwd=dlVVNHVEaEYvandiNDFEanBNNXZXUT09>
3 pm: 1001 Nights with Scholastica, on Facebook live
5 pm: Ponte Alto Populace Meeting, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87499564367?pwd=UElFQWZkRnB2WEpFdzMzRkk0Nnlrdz09>,
Meeting ID: 874 9956 4367, Passcode: 622441
6 pm: Phoenix Hangout (Sacred Stone), on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83632375679>
7:30 pm: Afternoon Pell Time, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9830784364>
10 pm: Interview with Duke Morgan, details in Facebook event, link here
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1235876870088257/>

If you're currently working on any A&S, we'd love to hear about it and see
pictures too!

--
YIS,
Lady Marion Compton