[Ponte Alto] Weekly Activity Run Down- Ponte Alto and Virtual Atlantia!

Marion Compton marion.comptonsca at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 16:07:56 PDT 2020

Hello Ponte Alto!

Here’s your weekly list of activities happening this week online, both from
the Ponte Alto calendar and Virtual Atlantia! I'll try to keep them
organized by day and time as much as possible, and plan to send out this
list early each week. If' I'm missing a really great source of classes or
activities that should be shared, please let me know.

This week our A&S is once again nalbinding! We're doing a Nalbinding
Workshop this Sunday, May 3 at 1 pm. Now that we've learned the basics,
it's time to check-in and see how it's going! Bring your successes and
questions for a workshop on the Mammen stitch we learned in our last class
and the mitten project if you're giving that a go. Any and all levels of
nalbinding welcome! Zoom meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86525604925
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86525604925&sa=D&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw1I1VNJSgAwJ-qlKcayDuab>

Additionally, we are in need of new class requests! Let me know what you
would like to see on Ponte Alto's virtual calendar and we will happily make
that happen. We've had some wonderful classes on scribal, nalbinding,
buttons, and online engagement but I'd love to see more. Please send me any
classes you would like to see taught or classes you may want to teach.

Summer University is being held entirely online this year, on Saturday,
June 13th! Class proposals are due *this Friday*, May 1st, and registration
opens Friday, May 15th, and closes Tuesday, June 9th. If you want to take a
class for this university you do have to pre-register! In the meantime,
make sure you're registering for credit for online classes you're taking or
teaching! All you have to do is fill out this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCe_OFINv5L1lh1f1baE0oGo6eF-QlzKOa8RgZg-fUmPNydg/viewform>
.

Weekly Rundown:
*Tuesday*
7 pm: Identifying and Addressing Cultural Appropriation, on Zoom, link here
<https://zoom.us/j/93944476715?pwd=VkkzQVA1bkt1eHFESFlsOU1JNGwxZz09.>
8 pm: Roxbury Mill Weekly Fencing, link here
<https://meet.google.com/sjc-egnj-ngo?fbclid=IwAR3IT5VVVZlmYQ9XMVarlvdJsvXji86Rwf3V2DKpI9QI4n-4rSAaKmWEW1Q>
8:30 pm: Bookmaking in the Islamic Style, Part 1- Sewing the Textblock, on
Twitch, link here <https://www.twitch.tv/wyndrose>
11:30 pm: Thinking Out Loud About Challenge Recipe #3 Savory Tosted Cheese
(!), on Zoom, link here <https://zoom.us/j/767082574>

*Wednesday*
3 pm: A Thousand and One Nights Reading by Lady Scholastica on Facebook Live
4 pm: Virtual Stitch N Bit&h, on Zoom, link here
<https://zoom.us/j/767082574>
6 pm: Fairy Garbmother's Guide to Renaissance Fabrics, on Zoom, link here
<https://us04web.zoom.us/j/76372020959?pwd=czdyWHp2akdqT2c0S1dFc1g5SDN0QT09>
7 pm: Roxbury Mill Wednesday A&S, they'll be watching a broadcast of 12th
Night, check their Facebook group
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/145334808948542/> for details
7 pm: Medieval Hats and Hair, Early Period edition, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83921163959?pwd=SnFrS3NCOVBlc2cxREdlT2JQR2g2dz09>
8 pm: Roxbury Mill Weekly Fencing, link here
<https://meet.google.com/sjc-egnj-ngo?fbclid=IwAR3IT5VVVZlmYQ9XMVarlvdJsvXji86Rwf3V2DKpI9QI4n-4rSAaKmWEW1Q>
9:30 pm: Norse Wire Weaving with Mistress Disa I Birkilundi, on Zoom, with
details on the Facebook event page
<https://www.facebook.com/events/830055147505816/>, important to note this
class does have some materials requirements!

*Thursday*
3 pm: A Thousand and One Nights Reading by Lady Scholastica on Facebook Live
4 pm: Virtual Stitch N Bit&h, on Zoom, link here
<https://zoom.us/j/767082574>
6 pm: Ponte Alto Virtual Rapier Practice, on Google Hangouts, link here
<https://hangouts.google.com/group/q9j189hZ6RaaKFeQA>
8 pm: Roxbury Mill Weekly Fencing, link here
<https://meet.google.com/sjc-egnj-ngo?fbclid=IwAR3IT5VVVZlmYQ9XMVarlvdJsvXji86Rwf3V2DKpI9QI4n-4rSAaKmWEW1Q>
8:30 pm: Bookmaking in the Islamic Style, Part 2- Sewing the Endband, on
Twitch, link here <https://www.twitch.tv/wyndrose>

*Friday*
3 pm: A Thousand and One Nights Reading by Lady Scholastica on Facebook Live
4 pm: Virtual Stitch N Bit&h, on Zoom, link here
<https://zoom.us/j/767082574>
8 pm: Roxbury Mill Weekly Fencing, link here
<https://meet.google.com/sjc-egnj-ngo?fbclid=IwAR3IT5VVVZlmYQ9XMVarlvdJsvXji86Rwf3V2DKpI9QI4n-4rSAaKmWEW1Q>
8 pm: Learn to Read Music with Robin Carrot, on Zoom, link here
<https://zoom.us/j/2444062533>
8 pm: Historical Perfumery- The Story of the Fertile Crescent, link here
<https://meetingsamer7.webex.com/meetingsamer7/j.php?MTID=m000dd48d37523610aeb9efa2edc7d5ec>,
meeting number: 299 663 863, meeting password: s33tX8SuAbB

*Saturday*
11:30 am: Bookmaking in the Islamic Style, Part 3: Finishing the book, on
Twitch, link here <https://www.twitch.tv/wyndrose>
2 pm: Jerusha's Embroidery Salon, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/883704598>
3 pm: A Thousand and One Nights Reading by Lady Scholastica on Facebook Live
4 pm: Virtual Fiber Frolic!, on Zoom, with details being released prior to
the event on the Facebook event page
<https://www.facebook.com/events/2369850629784567/>
8 pm: Roxbury Mill Weekly Fencing, link here
<https://meet.google.com/sjc-egnj-ngo?fbclid=IwAR3IT5VVVZlmYQ9XMVarlvdJsvXji86Rwf3V2DKpI9QI4n-4rSAaKmWEW1Q>

*Sunday*
1 pm: Nalbinding Workshop, on Zoom, link here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86525604925>
2 pm: Textile Conservation for Reenactors, on Zoom, link here
<https://zoom.us/j/92746912339?pwd=WFFVZElYV0xWdDA1TTBhQXhJdUtoZz09>
3 pm: A Thousand and One Nights Reading by Lady Scholastica on Facebook Live
3 pm: Baking Roman Breads, Panis Parthicus, link not listed but I'll work
on that.
8 pm: Roxbury Mill Weekly Fencing, link here
<https://meet.google.com/sjc-egnj-ngo?fbclid=IwAR3IT5VVVZlmYQ9XMVarlvdJsvXji86Rwf3V2DKpI9QI4n-4rSAaKmWEW1Q>

Looking forward to seeing you all in classes! If you're currently working
on any A&S, we'd love to hear about it too!
--
YIS,
Lady Marion Compton