[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Atlantia-Announce] A Poetry Challenge for Pennsic!!!

Christine Menton ladypartypanther at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 11:45:14 PDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Katherine Hawkins via Announce <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>
Date: Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 2:39 PM
Subject: [Atlantia-Announce] A Poetry Challenge for Pennsic!!!
To: Atlantia Announcements <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>, Merry Rose
<atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>

Greetings to the Kingdom of Atlantia from Lady Katarzyna Witkowska.
Please forgive the late notice but I will make this easy!  The Knowne World
Poetry Competition will be held on Monday, August 8, at Pennsic in
conjunction with Poetry Day at Artisan's Row.  The theme for this year's
competition is easy – any subject of your choosing!  Your poem may be on
any period or anachronist subject.  Your poem may be new or one you have on
hand but it may *not* have won another competition.  Requirements are as
follows:
Poems may be written in any period style or language (translations must be
provided).  At a minimum your documentation should include the style of
poetry, the time period, and how your poem meets those qualifications.
Documentation
shall be no more than three (3) pages (bibliographies and portions of
period poem examples do not count toward these three pages). Only one entry
per person will be accepted.  This is a non-performance competition.  Your
written words alone speak for your poetic prowess.  If you are a novice
poet (writing for less than one year) please indicate that on your
entry.  Entries will be judged on the following:

   - use of period imagery
   - use of period style and convention
   - complexity of the piece
   - written documentation
   - overall judges' impression
   You may submit your poem to me, Lady Katarzyna Witkowska, at A&S display
   on Sunday, August 7, or at Artisan's Row before 11:00 a.m. on Monday.
   Alternatively, you may submit your entry electronically directly to me at
   k_hawk_us at yahoo.com.  Even if you are attending Pennsic feel free to
   forward your entry to me beforehand.  Electronic entries may be sent from
   now through July 29, 2016.
   The winner will be announced at 4:00 p.m. at the Poetry tent on
   Artisan's Row.  Please provide contact information so your prize may be
   forwarded if you are not present.  There will be a separate prize for
   novice poets if there are at least two entries.

Please also plan to participate in Poetry Day at Artisan's Row by
displaying your works and sharing your expertise and love of Poetry.  Displays
and performance of works are welcome  Please let me know if you can donate
some time so I can allow the proper space for your entry.  If you can
participate in individual discussions, performance, or display, please let
me know.
If you would like to judge, please let me know.  If you have any questions,
please contact me at k_hawk_us at yahoo.com.

"A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by
lightning."  *James Dickey*

Per pale vert and purpure, a panther rampant argent, incensed Or,spotted
vert and purpure