[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Atlantia-Announce] Calling all Scribes! Novice to Know-How

Christine Menton ladypartypanther at gmail.com
Sun May 31 17:15:43 PDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kit Wellner via Announce <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>
Date: Sat, May 30, 2015 at 12:06 PM
Subject: [Atlantia-Announce] Calling all Scribes! Novice to Know-How
To: Atlantian Announce <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>

Greetings!

I am Sajah bint-Habushun, the new Education Deputy in the Office of the
Clerk Signet.  As such I am the point of contact for new scribes who need
advice, education, or a little one-to-one assistance.

If you are a new scribe or have a notion to take up this art and want to
learn more about it please reply privately with the following information:

*Mundane Name:SCA Name:Skill level:Location, mundane and SCAdian:Contact
phone:Contact email:FB if a preferred contact method:Any online gallery of
work:Calligraphy, Illumination, or both:*

In order to facilitate this I need a list of active scribes who would be
willing to do any of the following:

1.  Teach a class at an event or University/Collegium
2.  Be a local PoC for new scribes to go to with questions or projects that
require an eye-balling
3.  Would/are holding scriptorums
4.  Willing to take on a one-to-one short-term tutoring job to get a novice
off and running in the right direction - could be local or long distance
(Please note this is NOT a formal SCA mentoring relationship, just a
short-term educational assistance endeavor!)
5.  Sponsor a scribal A&S competition for Novice-level scribes

If any of this is in your wheelhouse please respond privately with the
following information so I can get a database going and start helping get
our new folks on the road to success:

*Mundane Name:SCA Name:Skill level:Location, mundane and SCAdian:Contact
phone:Contact email:FB if a preferred contact method:Any online gallery of
work:Which of the list above you are willing to sign up for:Calligraphy,
Illumination, or both:Favored materials:Favored dates/styles for exemplars,
if any:Any other info you feel is important, such as what kinds of classes
you would like to teach if you sign up for #1:*

I am hoping to match our novices' interest with scribes who have experience
in the same area of interest, even if you do not live nearby as well as
give them a local scribe/scriptorum to interact with.  Thank you all and
please crosspost this to all local lists!

*Sajah of the Many Names*
*Minion of Her Grace Seonaid ni Fhionn, MoL, Woman Who Makes Paints, and
unofficial Atlantian Minister of Hugs*

Per pale vert and purpure, a panther rampant argent, incensed Or,spotted
vert and purpure