[Ponte Alto] Armored Youth Combat activities - Ponte Alto

J. M. Schneider grimkirk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:02:21 PDT 2014

Greetings, from Lord Grimkirk, Baronial Knight's Marshal.

I am pleased at the recent uptick in interest in Armored Youth Combat within
the Barony, and wish to continue to encourage it. And I appreciate the
anticipation for both parents and youth to begin. However, please be aware
that per kingdom law (see below), armored combat activity involving youth
may not be conducted absent the presence of a warranted Armored Youth Combat
Marshal.

So far as I am aware, while some have generously expressed interest in
pursuing a youth marshal warrant, we do not have at this time any warranted
Armored Youth Combat Marshals within the Barony. This will preclude any
armored combat activity (including training) at Baronial practices until
that changes. If someone has obtained an Armored Youth Combat Marshal
warrant, they should contact me immediately with their paperwork before
conducting any youth practices.

3.1.3.1.4   Knight's Marshal (KM)

    3.1.3.1.4.1   Any group that wishes to conduct any marshal related
activity at an event must have a Warranted Marshal or sponsorship from a
warranted Atlantian Marshal that will assume responsibility for the event.
If the Marshal is unable to serve as Marshal in Charge for the
event/activity (unable to attend the event, not warranted for the activity,
or for some other reason) a warranted marshal must be recruited to serve as
MiC.

    3.1.3.1.4.3   The Knight's Marshal must ensure that practices are
conducted in accordance with SCA corporate policy and the guidelines that
are defined in this document and its appendices. The Knight's Marshal must
ensure that the group has a representative marshal present at such practices
for all of the disciplines being practiced. Any one marshal may represent
any or all disciplines in which he or she is an authorized marshal.

-- Grimkirk