[Ponte Alto] Will Chalice of the Sun God be your first SCA Event?

Jerri Lyn flora.bayeaux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 08:56:32 PDT 2014

Greeting to all people new to the SCA and the Barony of Ponte Alto!

Will Chalice of the Sun God
<http://pontealto.atlantia.sca.org/events/chalice.php> be your first SCA
event? Here are some things that may be helpful for you to know...

First and foremost, you must wear some type of garb! Everyone is required
to wear "a reasonable attempt" of pre-16th century clothing. Don't have any
garb yet? That's ok, we have some for you to borrow! You can either contact
me privately to pick up something to wear before the event, or you can
visit me under the Newcomer's Pavilion (black and gold canvas) once you
arrive on site.

Some other things to bring:

   - *Cash or checks* to pay the site fee. Credit cards are not accepted on
   site.
   - *SUNSCREEN! *Most of the activities take place outside. Even though
   the weather is cooler, the sun can still burn us.
   - *A chair.* Most people bring a camp chair. Some people like to bring a
   sheet or blanket or something to help hide it away and lend to the illusion
   that we are really in the middle ages. No one will harass you if you don't,
   however.
   - *A drinking vessel*. It's important to stay hydrated! There will be
   water available at various places around the site.
   - *Snacks.* There will be a lunch available to purchase, but you might
   want something to nibble between lunch and feast.
   - Will you be staying for Feast? If you are, you need some type of *Feast
   Gear*. A plate, bowl, cup, utensils, and a napkin. I like to bring a
   plastic bag to put my dirty dishes in to bring home to wash.

Not sure of where to set up your chair? *ALL* members of the Barony are
welcome to sit under the Baronial pavilion; it's not just for the Baron and
Baroness! Our home is your home.

We invite you to ask all sorts of questions about the things you see. Make
sure you walk around and observe the various activities: heavy fighting,
rapier, archery. Go view the various arts & sciences (A&S) displays. Sit in
on the bardic competition to hear period music/poetry/plays. But most
importantly, *HAVE FUN!!!!*

Yours in Service,
Lady Flora de Bayeaux

Chatelaine (Newcomer's point of contact)
Barony of Ponte Alto
Kingdom of Atlantia
703-343-3367