[Ponte Alto] Spring Crown 2015 - or "Will you accept the peril?"

J. M. Schneider grimkirk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 05:03:05 PDT 2014

Greetings, fellow pontoons!

I hope everyone has had an enjoyable summer, getting in sufficient amounts
of fighting, feasting and A&/or S-ing! However, the time is now upon us to
step forward and volunteer for perilous duty at our favorite upcoming event
- Crown Tourney! (Spring 2015). We are planning a few departures from our
typical Crown event, perhaps with a pleasant surprise or two. Keyword:
Pageantry.

To nobody's surprise, Theresa Crean (Lady Theresa Cahir) has chosen to
accept the peril, and will be our Kingdom Liaison for Crown. Therefore, she
will be liaising with those people that need liaising, once we determine who
those people be. That will likely happen on or after Fall Crown on November
1. :)

Rebecca Karas (Lady Aveline Scargill) has also accepted the peril, and will
be our Head Cook for Crown. Based upon advance discussions, it'll be mostly
if not all English food. Probably fresh bread. Cheese. Preserves. While it
is her intention to prepare as much as possible in advance, I am sure she
will still need a few minions for kitchen duty. And remember, cooks and
servers don't clean.

On things new and different, I have asked Debbie Eccles (Baroness Deirdre
O'Bardon) to put down her poetry and serve as our Dessert/Subtlety Chef.
We've discussed doing some nifty things with *SUGAR*.

With invaluable help from the Scribbler Royale and fellow pontoon, Sarah
Stango (Lady Éadaoin), Her Excellency, Adina, has taken the reigns in
executing Ponte Alto's SUPER SECRET Crown project. If you've any artistic
skill, please consider joining Mary Dotson and others in contributing some
time to help us complete this memorable effort.

Currently, persistent vacancies include

- Gate Manager (Troll): 1 + 1-2 minions

- Merchant Wrangler: 1

- Field Coordinator: 1.

-- Need someone willing to promote autocrat's 'Pageantry' rule (e.g.
Pavilions displaying heraldic banners and/or pennants will be given
preferential placement adjacent to the list field.)

- A&S Representative to coordinate the Atlantia Tempore (Spring Crown
Tourney 2015: 1250 A.D. to 1400 A.D.), and a Heraldic Display/Pageantry
Competition.

- Royal Retainers

-- and more.

R/

Michael Schneider
Autocrat, Atlantia Spring Crown 2015

Barony of Ponte Alto

grimkirk at gmail.com

Privacy notice: The information contained in this directed e-mail is
confidential, may be privileged, and is intended only for the addressee(s)
specified in the originating message. If you are not the actual addressee,
any use, dissemination, distribution or publication (print or electronic),
or copying of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly
notify the sender by e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system. In some
U.S. States, failure to abide by this receipt policy may be actionable.