[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Atlantia-Announce] Twelfth Night Feast

Christine Menton seneschal at pontealto.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Jan 6 18:42:32 PST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andreas de Caunteton <scadiandreas at triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Subject: [Atlantia-Announce] Twelfth Night Feast
To: announce at atlantia.sca.org

Good tidings unto you, gentlefolk!

Our Twelfth Night revels are nearly upon us, and to prepare for the
festivities we hereby present you with the full menu of the many fine
dishes that will be served at the feast. In addition, we also request that
those of you  who will be staying for feast arrive at the feast fully armed
with your favorite feasting paraphernalia, including plates, silverware,
and drinking vessels, as well as serving ware such as ladles and serving
forks, and of course your loveliest decorations, tablecloths, and
centerpieces to adorn your tables.

Twelfth Night Menu

*(subject to change)*

v *Flatbread *

o   *Commercially purchased flatbreads served with butter and assorted
fruit preserves *

v * Manti*

o   *Steamed Lamb Dumplings with Garlic and Sumac Yogurt Sauce*

v *Arruz *

o   *Jasmin scented rice cooked in vegetable broth*

v *Zaitun Mubakhkhar *

o   *“Perfumed” Kalamata Olives with spices*

v *Na’Na Mukhallal*

o   *Pickled Mint Relish and Cucumber*

v *Tuffahiyya al Baghdadi*

o   *Beef Stew with Sour Apples*

v *Nirbaj*

o   *Cooked Carrots*

v *Pilav*

o   *Basmati Rice pilaf with pine nuts and raisins*

v *Rachidyye*

o   *Honeyed Chicken and Apricots*

v *Piyaziyye – Sogan Dolmasi*

o   *Stuffed Onions*