[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Atlantia-Announce] Top Reasons Not to miss Atlantian Twelfth Night

Christine Menton ladypartypanther at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:02:58 PST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: via Announce <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>
Date: Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Subject: [Atlantia-Announce] Top Reasons Not to miss Atlantian Twelfth Night
To: Merry Rose <atlantia at atlantia.sca.org>, Announce List <
Sacredstone at atlantia.sca.org>

*Greetings to  Atlantia and her friends and cousins,*

Twelfth Night is only four weeks away and there will be so much for you to
do and see that this is one event you won’t want to miss.  Dancing, eating,
A&S, Performing Arts, Shopping, and much more.  Here is a quick recap of
all the activities at this year’s event.

   1. *The Site:*  The Elm Street Center is the same location as the Tudor
   Twelfth Night two years ago.  With it’s two beautiful ballrooms,  lots of
   room for dancing,  two stages for musicians and Performing Arts, a working
   bar selling beer and wine, it is the perfect setting for an Italian
   Carnival.
   2. *Food:*  Lady Murienne l’aloiere has out done herself with a
   sumptuous menu of food that will be served four times during the day.
   Brunch in the 11:00-12:00 timeframe, Mid-day around 2:00-3:00, Evening
   around 6:00-7:00 and desserts at 8:00 and all for the tiny price of $10.
   You won’t go hungry and you won’t need to bring feast gear.  Just a mug to
   toast the good health of all.  But you do need to pre-reg so we can make
   sure we have plenty for our guests to enjoy.
   3. *Dancing:*  Dancing in an integral part of Twelfth Night and so there
   will be dancing all day, culminating in the Grand Ball at 8 :00pm.
   Musicians are needed and welcome to play for the dancing.  Lady Elizabeth
   and her fellow dance masters will lead us in the fun.  No dance experience
   necessary.
   4. *Activities:*
      1. *Art gallery:*  You will have a chance to take a tour of our
      gallery of the Italian Masters with our curator, Lady Catherine and learn
      more about the great painters of the time.
      2. *Games:*  Whether you want to play chess, backgammon, Gluckshaus,
      dice or cards, Lady Stella de Lodi will be there to assist our
15yr old and
      above guests.
      3. *Murder Mystery:*  There is foul work afoot and someone has been
      murdered.  Can you help our Mistress of Intrigue, Baroness Gisela, figure
      out who did this dastardly deed?
      4. *Table Top Seige:*  Come have fun learning how to use a trebuchet
      to fling marshmallows at your opponent (or to bombard your enemy’s walls
      for future use).
      5. *Performing Arts:*  Lady Sophia the Orange and her talented crew
      will amaze and amuse us with performances of the iFirenzi troupe.
      Concerts in the rotunda and a sing along with the Atlantian Wailers will
      keep your feet tapping and your heart light.  Theatre classes
will educate
      you and help you bring out your inner performer.  Atlantian Bard
      competition  and a Shakespeare performance competition will round out a
      full day of entertainment.
      6. *Martial Arts Demonstration:*  Lord Wistric and his students of
      the Art of Defense will  display their knowledge, skill and grace in
      various forms of weapons and martial arts.

   1.  *Children’s Activities*:  We have not forgotten our little ones.
   Lady Aine and her team will make sure that the children have lots to do and
   will have fun.  Games and other activities are planned for our younger
   attendees.
   2. *Portraits with Bardulf:  *This will be a great time to get a photo
   in your Twelfth Night garb.  A wonderful memento of this once a year event.

   1. *A&S Activities:*  Twelfth Night is great opportunity for our
   talented artists to display their arts.
      1. An Illumination contest sponsored by the Royal Scrivner
      2. Kingdom Arts and Sciences Championship Competition
      3. Open Display space at Twelfth Night
      4. Tempore Atlantia
      5. Poeta Atlantiae Competition
      6. Mask Competition
      7. Garb Competition  (Best Individual and Best Couple)

   1.  *SHOPPING:  *Twelfth Night is always a good time to shop.  Merchants
   are welcome to show their wares in this beautiful venue.

*So you can see that you won’t be bored or lacking for things to do and
see.  Come join us on Jan 10th at Atlantian Twelfth Night for a day of fun,
food, dancing, laughter and friendship.  Pre-reg closes on Jan 4th so hurry
over to ACCEPS and get your pre-reg done.   Learn more about all the fun at
our website.*

*http://www.twelfthnight.atlantia.sca.org/
<http://www.twelfthnight.atlantia.sca.org/>*

*http://acceps.ansteorra.org/index.php
<http://acceps.ansteorra.org/index.php>*

In service,

Baroness Caitlin MacDonoghue

Event Steward, Atlantian Twelfth Night

Per pale vert and purpure, a panther rampant argent, incensed Or,spotted
vert and purpure