[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Atlantia-Announce] Mailing list changes

Christine Menton seneschal at pontealto.atlantia.sca.org
Tue Apr 22 04:10:35 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Atlantian Announcements <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>
Date: Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 9:29 PM
To: "announce at atlantia.sca.org" <announce at atlantia.sca.org>

Hi, folks.

Many of you will have noted that we're having issues with email lately.
Here's an explanation of why and of what we're trying to do about it.

Yahoo, MSN, Hotmail, ATT, and a few of the other major email providers have
made changes to their anti-spam infrastructure in the past few weeks.
These are effectively breaking a number of mailing lists.

This message should appear to have come from
announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org <dolphins at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>,
instead of from any of the many email addresses which I actually use.  I am
afraid that this is currently the best way to attempt to get the message to
actually deliver to most people.  I know that it will break the way that
many of you prefer to use email, but the increasing war on spam out there
is making it difficult for legitimate mail to get through at all.  It still
hasn't stemmed the tide of actual spam so far as I can tell; I get at least
300 new spam messages daily...

I am looking at moving all of our lists to a different server.  It won't
change the fundamental problem, but it might help some.  The other server
seems to have fewer issues staying off of anti-spam lists in general,
though. Individual lists will get messages when I start working on that
one.  Other lists @atlantia.sca.org will change their from: address over
the next few days, depending on how long it takes me to work through them
all.

Thanks!

Talorgen Hersir, OP
Kingdom Web Minister, Atlantia
(Randy Dees)               (704) 266-0887

... hating email right about now ...